Permeability Apparatus Falling Constant Head
Model No.: SET-1221
Permeability Apparatus Falling Constant Head is a popular testing method which is utilized for the purpose of determining the permeability of the fine-grained soil with slightly lower permeability such as clay and silts. The instrument that is used for measuring the permeability is called permeameter or permeability apparatus. The results obtained are used for the purpose of pumping the groundwater for designing the dams and for excavations.
The soil falling constant head permeability test apparatus can be done on remolded or samples that are undistributed by using the falling or constant head method. The falling head permeability test mainly includes water flow through a sorter soil sample that is connected to a standpipe. The standpipe in return provides for the water head and allows for the measuring of the volume the water that passes through the samples. The test can be conducted in a simple falling head permeability cell or it can also be conducted in an pedometer cell.
At Civil Lab Equipment Manufacturer, we take expertise in being the leading manufacturer as well as the exporter of soil falling constant head permeability test apparatus. Moreover, product that we supply is manufactured using best quality material.
The apparatus is mainly utilized for the laboratory determination of permeability of the soil with the help of a constant or a variable head. This test is suggested for the soils having the co-efficient permeability that ranges between 0-10-3 to 10-7 cm/sec. The maximum size of the particle of the soil which the mould can test is 10mm
- Specifications : The equipment comprises one each:
- Gun metal mould, 100mm I.D. x 127 mm high x 1000 ml volume.
- Gun metal mould extension collar, 100 mm dia x 60 mm high for the above mould.
- Gun metal Drainage base plate with a recess for a porous stone and with an outlet valve.
- Metallic clamping ring.
- Gun metal drainage cap (top plate with a recess for a porous stone and fitted with an inlet valve and an air release valve.) Gun metal dummy plate to serve as a false bottom during compaction. Porous stone for drainage cap. Porous stone for base plate. Set of glass stand pipes approximately 6 mm dia., 10 mm dia and 20 mm dia mounted on a wooden board. Each glass tube is longer than 1 meter and has a serrested end at the bottom. To read water head 2 Nos. meter scales are fixed between the tubes. A length of 3 meter long rubber tubing with pinch cock is also supplied.